Some months ago at one of my events we made this Explosion Box.
I thought I would share wIth you the tutorial should you wish to make it. I shall add a list of the products that I used at the end of the tutorial.
1. Take a piece of Whisper White card measuring 93/4″ x 93/4″ , score at 31/4″ and 61/2″ both ways. This explosion was designed to fit our 3″ x 3″ envelopes. When I talk about “dsp” I am talking about designer series paper !
2. Next cut from each outside corner into the next scored corner , as in the photogragh. I used the Stampin trimmer to do this .
3. Next I want to make the little pockets. I put a fine line of glue along the bottom to stick a triangle across and then add the coloured card / dsp to decorate it . The coloured card / dsp is 3″ square cut diagonally in half.
4. Do all four pockets so that it looks like the picture below.
5. I turned the ” box ” over and decorated the outside sides with 3″x 3″ dsp .
6. I want to make a little gift bag to put inside the box next! I take a piece of dsp measuring 6″ x 6″. Score it on side at 11/2″ and 41/2 ” , turn and on the other side score at 21/4″ and 33/4″. So that it looks like the picture below.
7. Stick the sides together adding Tombow glue. First sticking one side to the centre box and then overlapping the other side.
8. Punch 2 holes and tie the ribbon in a bow .
9. We need to make the lid for the box next. We want to make it slightly bigger to allow for a good fit. So we take a piece of Whisper White card measuring 53/8″ square.
Score 1″ around all edges and cut into the creases as below to make your lid.
Decorate as you wish !
10. To make the little cards for the envelopes, I cut each card 6″ x 3 ” and score in the middle. I added dsp and some embellishments . These will fit in the little pockets along with your envelopes.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial . If you have any problems please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stampin trimmer 129722 £27.00
12″ x 12″ Whisper White cardstock 124303 £5.50 (12 sheets)
Multipurpose liquid glue 110755 £3.75
Metallic Foil Doilies 138392 £3.75 (6 each of two different sizes in two different colours – gold and silver )
Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper 140550 £4.50 (2 sheets 12″ x 12″)
Any designer paper you choose, the one that I used is now discontinued but we have new beautiful packs available . The ribbon is also discontinued but again we do have co ordinating ribbon to go with the dsp in the new catalogue.
Rhinestones Basic Jewels 119246 £4.50
Various punches .
Don’t forget if you are placing an order at my online shop
To use this month’s hostess code